[Digikam-devel] [digikam] [Bug 329390] New: Auto-rotate Using Exif information: rotates wrong picture
nicofo at tuxfamily.org
Sun Dec 29 22:39:17 GMT 2013
Bug ID: 329390
Summary: Auto-rotate Using Exif information: rotates wrong
Assignee: digikam-devel at kde.org
Reporter: nicofo at tuxfamily.org
Now that the bug #317943 seems resolved, I have auto-rotated several albums.
It has worked well except once:
On an album, digikam has rotated all my pictures, but it has made a mistake
between 2 pictures (2 consecutive pictures): it has rotated the first one while
it shouldn't and has not rotated the second one while it should ! It's as
though digikam had mixed up these 2 pictures ...
- my picture 102.jpg is a landscape picture (Orientation=top-left) -> no need
to rotate it
- my picture 103.jpg is a portrait picture (Orientation=right-top) -> need to
After digikam Auto-rotation:
- picture 102 has been rotated (picture itself+thumbnail in digikam view)
(Orientation still top-left). Moreover, the tag "Software = digiKam-3.5.0"
(among others) has been added. This tag is normally added by digikam during an
image manipulation: it is not present for my other pictures that digikam has
- picture 103: its thumbnail in digikam has been rotated (but I think the image
itself has not been rotated) (Orientation still right-top)
Additional Information: To resolve this situation:
- apply a new Auto-rotation -> no effect
- I have had to "Reread Metadata from Image" (that had an effect on the picture
103) and apply "Auto-rotation using Exif info" again to have finally picture
103 correctly rotated.
- For picture 102 -> I have had to rotate it manually.
I try to interpret what digikam had to do and what it did actually (this is my
interpretation -> may be you have to correct it):
- what digikam had to:
0) leave untouched picture 102
1) rotate physically picture 103
2) update metadata (right-top -> top-left) of picture 103
2bis) update digikam database for picture 103
3) update thumbnail (in digikam view and database) for picture 103
- what digikam did:
1) rotate physically picture 102 instead of 103 :-(
2) probably update metadata of picture 102 (i.e 'Orientation' tag set to
top-left [because it is the metadata that should have been applied to 103, but
is already the one of 102 -> 'Orientation' metadata actually unchanged] +
'Software' tag added)
2bis) update digikam database of picture 103 (?) Actually I don't know what
digikam did, but for picture 103, there were a difference between its metadata
and the database (that was corrected after a "Reread Metadata from Image")
3) update thumbnails (in digikam view and database) for pictures 102 and 103
(both appear not correctly rotated)
=> digikam has applied a part of the treatment rotation to a wrong picture ?!
Reproducible: Couldn't Reproduce
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Digikam-devel