[Digikam-devel] Getting started

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 12:56:11 GMT 2013

All is online :

KDE API : http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/

KDE tutorials : http://techbase.kde.org/Development

API managed by digiKam team :

libkipi used by plugins :
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/libs/libkipi/libkipi/html/index.html

libkexiv2 to handle metadata :
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/libs/libkexiv2/libkexiv2/html/index.html

libkdcraw to handle RAW images :
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdegraphics-apidocs/libs/libkdcraw/libkdcraw/html/index.html

In kipi-plugins there are few classes shared between plugins, but API
is private. There is no page to describe API. Look source code header
instead here :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/kipi-plugins/repository/revisions/master/show/common/libkipiplugins

This is not libkipi which is shared with KIPI host applications. It's
libkipiplugins.

Just for info, the digiKam core API  :

http://api.kde.org/extragear-api/graphics-apidocs/digikam/html/index.html

Gilles Caulier