[Digikam-devel] Getting started

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 21:58:49 GMT 2013

ok,

The most important is C++ and Qt. You must learn also KDE API based on Qt.

Currently code is ported to 90% on Qt4.

I recommend to look for the moment on kipi-plugins, where there are a
lots of fixes to do. The advantage to work on plugins is multiple :
code is more simple than digiKam core, and limited to few classes for
each tools.

First check KDE bugzilla, on kipi-plugins section. Search which tool
you want to improve by some fixes. Review report, especially, the "non
wishes" entry. In first you must understand current code before to
write new features.

https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=804513&bug_severity=critical&bug_severity=grave&bug_severity=major&bug_severity=crash&bug_severity=normal&bug_severity=minor&bug_severity=task&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=kipiplugins

Fix a entry require to get code from git/master, compile it and
install. In second, you must test and reproduce the dysfunction. Find
where is the problem and fix it in source code.

With code changed, create a patch against git/master and post file to
the relevant bugzilla entry (do not use KDE reviewboard)...

Thanks in advance for your help

Best

Gilles Caulier