[Digikam-devel] Digikam error.

Ralph DeWitt ralphdewitt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 15:02:04 BST 2013

Hello:
I am having a problem opening my digikam ablums. I am running
NetrunnerOS version 13.06 (latest) updated to KDE 4.11. This is a full
install. Hard
disk reformated and partitioned. Home Directory Data restored from
backup no KDE configurations were reloaded from backup. Can some one
help restore the database.

Error Message:

The schema updating process from version 4 to 6 failed, caused by an
error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your
  old database and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move
the database files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from
  the directory "/home/cubbybear/Pictures"). More probably you will want
to report this error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list.
As well, please have a look at what digiKam prints on the console.

Console Output:

cubbybear at cubbybear-HP-Pavilion-g7-Notebook-PC:~$ digikam
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading
configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is
still in use, all queries will cease to work.
[0x19b1738] main services discovery error: no suitable services
discovery module
"/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/Hitachi_HTS547564A9E384_J2130053E0MZBA"
: property "DeviceNumber" does not exist
"/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/Hitachi_HTS547564A9E384_J2130053E0MZBA"
: property "Device" does not exist
"/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/Kingston_DataTraveler_2_2e0_5B631F00026D"
: property "DeviceNumber" does not exist
"/org/freedesktop/UDisks2/drives/Kingston_DataTraveler_2_2e0_5B631F00026D"
: property "Device" does not exist
QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a paintEvent
QPainter::translate: Painter not active
QPainter::setClipRect: Painter not active
QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
QPainter::fontMetrics: Painter not active
QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
[...]

Prior to this error I was getting scheame errors so I moved the
digikam3.db out of the directory. I can supply these if needed to fix
problem. I am using Digikam 3.3.0 Thank you for your help

Ralph
--
Ralph