[Digikam-devel] GSOC 2013 - Video metadata support improvements

Max Freeman the.freeman.max at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 18:34:07 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm interested in working on improving the video metadata support that was
introduced in GSOC 2012, as my GSOC 2013 project.

Can I know why this project has been categorized under "high" difficulty?
And, can the video metadata support added last year make the addition of
support for formats like MPEG and VOB somewhat easier?

I know C++ well, but I lack the knowledge of video metadata and the Exiv2
library. I'm ready to look up the documentation and learn. Can anyone
please guide me through this?

Regards,
Max