[Digikam-devel] crashing with old kipi plugins

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 09:17:02 BST 2012

Victor,

I patched FindKipi cmake script for digiKam SC :

http://commits.kde.org/scratch/mwiesweg/digikam-sc/67dc8aa4e0129e5cd295d68f0767819c18f1b93e

It able to extract now the kipi_binary_version value from
libkipi/version.h file. I will patch all kipi plugins .desktop files
with it and check in libkipi if plugins to load are compatible.

I checked also the FindKIPI cmake script from kdelibs which is really
outdated. It must be updated as well with digiKam SC version urgently,
else libkipi will not be usable with kipi-plugins independently...

For right reasons, i cannot commit to KDElibs (I have been able to do
it few month ago):

[gilles at localhost modules]$ git ci

[master caf3040] update find libkipi script accordingly with GoSC2012
done by Victor Dodon
 rewrite cmake/modules/FindKipi.cmake (90%)

[gilles at localhost modules]$ git push
X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0
Counting objects: 9, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Writing objects: 100% (5/5), 1.72 KiB, done.
Total 5 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: W refs/heads/master cgilles DENIED by refs/heads/master
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To git at git.kde.org:kdelibs
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at git.kde.org:kdelibs'

Marcel, do you have right to do it ?