[Digikam-devel] crashing with old kipi plugins

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 18:44:16 BST 2012

Hi,

once the beta is out we will get numerous crash reports from the kipi plugin
loader. The problem is that loading a kipi plugin compiled with old libkipi
crashes, the plugin is interpreted as XMLGuiClient which it is not.
Now, I got the crash and thought "we need to add some safety checks,
dynamic_cast, check ABI version of the plugin". I had a look and the code, and
Victor has done all that already. It seems the kipi2-constructor is called
from the kipi1 code, why not, the symbol has the same name.
Anyway, I dont have a good idea how to fix that. If there is no way, we shall
know to tell everyone first to remove old kipi plugins.

Marcel