[Digikam-devel] Digikam packages and latest versions

Richard Mortimer richm at oldelvet.org.uk
Thu Sep 13 10:17:40 BST 2012

Hi,

On 13/09/2012 08:08, Leonardo Giordani wrote:
> I'm currently on Ubuntu Precise 12.04 and the digikam package contains
> version 2.5.0. Ubuntu Quantal (out in a month) will contain version
> 2.8.0. At the beginning of september digikam reached 2.9.0, 3.0.0 is
> under development, and I really would like to use the features you
> people add to this great software (and the bugfixes!).

Whilst not official Ubuntu packages Philip Johnsson maintains an Ubuntu
PPA (personal package archive) that generally includes recent versions
of Digikam.

https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra

Last I saw this currently contains 2.9.0 and this is build against 12.04.

If you aren't familiar with PPAs the following URL may be of help.
https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/ubuntu-help/addremove-ppa.html

I run Philip's PPAs and they are an excellent way to keep up with fast
moving Digikam.

Regards

Richard

P.S. Thanks to Philip for maintaining the PPA.