[Digikam-devel] digikam 3 bta and libkipi from KDE 4.9

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Tue Sep 4 08:45:38 BST 2012

Am Dienstag, 4. September 2012, 06:26:55 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> digiKam 3.0 will require next libkipi 2.0 witch will come with KDE
> 4.10.

4.10 is going to be released at the end of January 2013. So until then there
is no stable release of libkipi that will work with digikam 3.0.

> digiKam tarball will be published with libkipi as well. Look
> GoSC 2012 wiki page for details :
>
> http://community.kde.org/Digikam/GSoC2012#Repositories_Branching_and_Dates

This states that digikam 3.0 will be released before KDE SC 4.10 releases the
required libkipi.

So distros will have to include an unreleased (from KDE SC's point of view)
version of libkipi if they want to provide digikam 3.0. Leaving alone
providing packages for beta testing.

To me it does not sound like a good plan to require an unreleased KDE version
for a digikam release. Especially since it's not like digikam was a brand new
app in it's 0.1.x versions.

Does digikam at least provide a cmake switch to only build libkipi from its
private libs and not either everything including libkdcraw etc. or nothing?

Sven