[Digikam-devel] problem while building digikam

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 23 10:28:32 BST 2012

personally, i never use local path to test digiKam.

I have 2 local source code repositories : one with stable code, one
with experimental.

Both are configured to be installed in KDE dir (/usr on my computer).

To switch cleanly between stable <=> experimental, it's easy :
uninstall first and install second instead. Use make uninstall to
remove a version. It's perfect.

To test without to break my image collection DB, i created another
user which store a test DB for experimental sessions.

Gilles Caulier