[Digikam-devel] Digikam doesn't find marble in osx

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Sat May 19 23:19:16 BST 2012

2012/5/19 Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com>

> Joan,
>
> I never tried to use Brew for MACOSX. I have no experience with it. I
> can try to use it... Let's me some time to test...
>
> It's the right project homepage ?
>
> http://braumeister.org/

This is the package sumary page, you can search stuff there, the official
page is at http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/

> I cannot see KDE packages here. How do you compile digiKam without kdelibs
> ?

At the moment the compilation of kde stuff is a bit tricky, the stuff is
distributed on several repositories:
.- homebrew (regular repo)
.- homebrew-boneyard (outdated repo, kde is there pending to be moved back
to homebrew)
To be able to use the formulas for kde (in boneyard) you have to make them
available by doing
brew tap homebrew/boneyard

To compile digikam, the recipe I've created is here (not yet pushed to
master)
https://github.com/aseques/homebrew/tree/digikam

A current kdelibs Formula can be obtained from this pull request
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-boneyard/pull/6
brew install -vd kdelibs

Kdelibs depends on current versions of strigi, soprano and others

For strigi -> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-boneyard/pull/7
brew install strigi

For soprano -> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-boneyard/pull/5
brew install -vd soprano

For oxygen-icons -> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-boneyard/pull/8
brew install -vd oxygen-icons

Qt has to be compiled with qtdbus support (disabled by default)
brew install -vd --with-qtdbus qt

For any problem just ask