[Digikam-devel] GSoC Idea: Integration of Photivo

Dominic Lyons domlyons at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:24:47 GMT 2012

Hello

Since quite a number of years digiKam is my trusty photo management
application. As RAW developer I really favor Photivo from
http://www.photivo.org

So I had the thought that it likely is possible to improve integration and
interaction between digiKam and Photivo. I have some quite tangible ideas
and also took a shy look on both code bases to ensure I am not totally of
the mark.

Is there some interest in this topic? I would be glad to describe my ideas
in more details.
Maybe even someone could imagine to mentor me on this as Google Summer of
Code project? I assume that could be a good starting point to get into
KDE/digiKam development :-)

Dominic