[Digikam-devel] Telepathy KIPI Plugin

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:40:20 GMT 2012

On 06/03/12 22:21, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>> At the same time I cannot release outside of the kipi-plugins, because it
>> uses some classes of the kipi-plugins internal library
>> (KIPIPlugins::KPImagesList and KIPIPlugins::KPAboutData)
>>
> you can make a copy of libkipiplugins code in the external plugin
> version. It's not the best solution, but it can be a temp way...

I think I will adopt this solution for now, I don't like it because it
won't be easy to follow the changes from libkipiplugins, but it's the
option that will break less stuff in the future...

>>  What do you suggest to do?
> What's the plan to render ktp-common-internals API stable ?
>
> If this ktp-common-internals library is not to huge, why not to
> temporally integrate as 3rd party in plugin as well ?
>
> Of course, until API becaome stable, shared and 3rd party code need to
> be synchronized. This prevent to add an unstable external dependency
> from a period where API must be stabilized...

We don't have a real plan about stabilization of the
ktp-common-internals library yet, we have still a lot of things missing
and we don't know yet what we will break implementing those things
(first of all, meta-contacts support is likely to break almost everything)

What about libkipiplugins? Are you planning to consider it "stable" and
install the headers one day?

Cheers,
  Daniele