[Digikam-devel] GoSC 2012 is open for ideas...

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 21:47:40 GMT 2012

> Are you sure digikam-specific DLNA is the best approach?  I would
> think this would be interesting to other projects like amarok or
> phonon as well as KDE as a whole.  Might it be better to make a
> generic UPnP/DNA server library and, as part of the project, provide
> digikam support through that?

digikam-specific will be to provide our virtual album structure, and provide
image data, if necessary transcoded.
I'm not sure what is missing between the low-level library and the higher-
level; sure this could and should be written as reusable code

> Also, hupnp is gplv3, I don't know if that could be an issue.

I'm not sure there is a better option. Suggestions are welcome.