[Digikam-devel] is creating a tag as simple as adding new entries to the Tags table?

Ram Bhamidipaty rambham at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 05:46:28 GMT 2012

Hi,

I am in the process of importing a large number of pictures and their
associated tags
into digikam.  My pictures do not have the tag information in the
image file - but it is
in another database.

I would like to write a script that can create the appropriate tags in
digikam. The
structure of the Tags table seems simple, but I am not so sure about the TagTree
and TagProperties tables. Do I need to create entries there as well?

Or -- is there a digikam supported API that I can use to create tags?

Thanks for any info.
-Ram