[Digikam-devel] Camera selection

Dhruv Patel dhruvkumarr.patel51 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 15:39:05 GMT 2012

Hi,
I was planning to buy a point and shoot digital camera in low price
range.(around 100$ i.e. 8k INR) Main purpose is to take photos during
travelling, picnic, and little newbie experiments ;) (I am buying my first
camera.)
I have sorted out my choices down to two models. One is sony cybershot
dsc-w530<http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=DSCW530/G>and
another is Canon
powershot a3300<http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_a3300_is>.
I would like suggestions about which one would be better choice. Not only
in terms of image clarity but also in terms of other features, tools and
s/w available. (like CHDK for canon, digiKam friendly etc)

thanks
Dhruv