[Digikam-devel] GSOC- project Video Metadata Support

Abhinav Badola mail.abu.to at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:23:18 GMT 2012

Hello Everyone,
I am interested in working on the project Video Metadata Support mentioned
in the GSOC ideas 2012.
The topic seems very interesting and engrossing to work upon and I really
want to learn more about extraction and implementation of video metadata.
As such I see that we are aiming to achieve is better utilization of the
exiv library.
I was thinking that we can have an added tool which can handle the video
files more efficiently. I was thinking of a tool that works similar to the
tool "G-Spot", which works in Windows environment and comes packed with
K-Lite Mega Codec Pack tool set. I have used the tool a lot of times
whenever I was not sure what codecs were required by the media player to
support the concerned media file.

I am familiar with C++ and little bit of Qt. But I have no knowledge about
video metadata.

I am willing to learn about video metadata and other video format tools,
and I really want to work on this project as it would be a great learning
experience for me.

Can anyone please help me and guide me through this, I am a bit confused.
I am still lacking in the knowledge of video metadata and exiv library, so
can I still apply to work on this project ?

--
Regards,
Abhinav Badola