[Digikam-devel] Search selection of all IPTC metadata fields

Julia Jacobson julia.jacobson at arcor.de
Thu Feb 9 20:18:27 GMT 2012

Dear digiKam developers,

Your software is excellent and it's a pleasure to use it.
On the user mailing list, I already asked to no success, whether there is the
possibility to search a selection of all IPTC metadata fields for the photos in
an album.
As far as I can see, the advanced search is restricted to the IPTC fields
"Caption", "Author", "Headline" and "Title".
Is there a certain reason why digiKam lacks the ability to search the other
fields like for example "Sublocation" or "Copyright"? Would the implementation
of this feature cause many difficulties?
Although it has its own problems with other features, Apple's Aperture does for
example offer this type of search.

Kind regards,
Julia