[Digikam-devel] preview window not showing filter out

Matthias Welwarsky matthias at welwarsky.de
Sun Feb 5 15:12:52 GMT 2012

On Saturday 04 February 2012 17:18:17 Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> On Saturday 04 February 2012 16:20:24 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > it's not a problem about preview mode ? Look on the tool preview icons
> > from the task bar in editor ?
>
> The preview mode is set to "Mouse Over" mode, but changing it to any other
> mode doesn't have an effect, either.

OK, understood the problem: The InvertFilter also inverts the Alpha channel ;)
So, an opaque image becomes fully transparent after the filter has run and the
preview widget paints nothing. And, because the viewport paint method
unconditionally paints the original image first, this is what is eventually
visible :)

I'd say it's a bug in the InvertFilter code. Do you agree? It doesn't make
sense to invert the alpha information.

br
matthias