[Digikam-devel] kipi-plugins requiring libkipi 1.2.0

Victor Dodon dodonvictor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 13:31:30 BST 2012

>> Hello, Sven. What distro do you use?
>
> openSUSE.
>
>> Did you installed libkipi development version?
>
> Yes, the latest available, i.e. the one released with KDE 4.9.0. The same set-
> up worked until recently, i.e. maybe a week ago.
>
>> If you don't have installed libkipi you can use
>> -DDIGIKAMSC_USE_PRIVATE_KDEGRAPHICS=on cmake flag.

I cannot reproduce this on my Archlinux with KDE SC 4.9 both with
libkipi compiled from digiKam's repo, or with libkipi from the repo.

> Unfortunately that is of no use when packaging. So the question still remains:
> why does digikam not compile with KDE SC 4.9.0's libkipi? Did something in the
> cmake files change and break it or does digikam git need a more recent libkipi
> than KDE SC 4.9 provides on purpose?

KDE SC 4.9 provides libkipi 1.6.0 , and there were some changes in the
cmake files to identify the correct libkipi version as digikam 3.0.0
will require libkipi >= 2.0.0, but I tested also on Kubuntu 12.04 and
Fedora 17 and it worked without troubles.

Victor.