[Digikam-devel] Images not displayed

Johannes Wienke johannes.wienke at gmx.de
Wed Apr 18 22:44:49 BST 2012

On 18.04.2012 23:23 schrieb Johannes Wienke:
> On 18.04.2012 21:20 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
>>
>>> I tried to debug this further. What I can see is that if I manually
>>> query the database with the same query digikam uses, all relevant images
>>> are returned. So I suspect the database is ok. So the images must be
>>> swallowed at some later time. Has anyone got some idea how to find out
>>> where they disappear in the long model-view chain?
>>
>> The immediate entry point from the ioslave is ImageAlbumModel::slotData()
>> The place where entries are actually added to the model, with beginInsertRows
>> etc., is ImageModel::publiciseInfos().
>> Filtering is done in ImageFilterModelFilterer::process(), for optimization
>> three different code paths are written out, the relevant line is always
>> package.filterResults[info.id()] = ... (the result is cached)
>>
>> These key points should give a hint where your images are lost
>
> I could compile trunk. 2.5 did not work even with the archlinux
> modifications directly from their package...
>
> Anyway, what happens is that the localVersionFilter rejects most of the
> images even though I have versioning completely switched off.

Ok, some further observations. The images which are filtered out have
tagId 874 assigned, which is "Original Version". This probably happened
because I processed them using the batch queue manager.

1. Is it wanted that this tag is assigned even if versioning is switched
off?

2. The localVersionFilter has 874 and 875 in its exclude list. Is this
wanted in this case or should the exclude list simply be empty in case
versioning is switched off?

Cheers,
Johannes