[Digikam-devel] please if you are using "internal" mysql database in digikam reply to this message

Francesco Riosa francesco at pnpitalia.it
Tue Sep 6 11:19:22 BST 2011

hi,
    I'm speaking of internal mysql database which was intended to make
digikam start it's own instance of a mysql server. The option is
highlighted in the screenshot attached.

Sqlite has to be considered the most tested and stable storage for
digikam, while I'm working on better support for mysql it's not yet to
be considered exactly on par with it, it will be for 2.2 or 2.3 tough.
That said I've no intention to ever remove sqlite, which would be vetoed
anyway from the real digikam developers (those that do the hard work ;)

- Francesco