[Digikam-devel] what about a digikam bootable cd (or usbkey)?

Francesco Riosa francesco at pnpitalia.it
Sat Sep 3 22:46:22 BST 2011

Request for interest:

I've created a bootable cdrom for DigiKam and other graphic oriented
tools, it weight around 700 MB but can yet be shrinked (it has most of
the sysresccd tools yet installed).

The base for the work has been the excellent gentoo based sysresccd
http://www.sysresccd.org/ and inherit most of the goodness

If there is enough interest we (notice the plural form) could make some
refinement and ship a photograph oriented cd, possibly updated at every
digikam upgrade.

Does it make sense? there is already something better available?

other software, to the best version available:
media-gfx/digikam                   http://www.digikam.org/
media-gfx/argyllcms                 http://www.argyllcms.com/
media-gfx/gimp                      http://www.gimp.org/
media-gfx/gphoto2                   http://www.gphoto.org/
media-libs/oyranos                  http://www.oyranos.org/
media-gfx/rawstudio                 http://rawstudio.org
media-gfx/hugin                     http://hugin.sf.net
media-gfx/autopano-sift-C           http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~nowozin/autopano-sift/
media-gfx/autotrace
http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/autotrace.html
http://autotrace.sourceforge.net/
media-gfx/potrace                   http://potrace.sourceforge.net/
media-gfx/enblend                   http://enblend.sourceforge.net/
media-gfx/imagemagick               http://www.imagemagick.org/

OS is xfce (no full kde sorry) using  kernel linux 3.0.3

P.S. DigiKam backend is mysql, with sqlite available ;-)

- Francesco