[Digikam-devel] Exchange with remote Gallery3 systems using kde io slave 'kio-gallery3'

General FOSS aspects foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Nov 15 17:32:54 GMT 2011

Hallo all,
today I released version 0.1.0 of 'kio-gallery3', a kde io slave that
integrates the item hierarchy of a remote Gallery3 system into the local KDE
file system. Release and download on kde.org:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=146835

I mention this to this list because I really miss a direct and integrated
synchronization (import/export) of pictures between digikam and Gallery.
Things did somehow work for Gallery2, though not without issues. As far as I
know there is currently no direct access to Gallery3 from within digikam.

Though the slave already basically allows a more comfortable upload and
management of pictures on a remote Gallery3 system from within KDE, it might
make sense to think about a closer integration into digikam to gain further
features.
The slave certainly needs polishing for this and additional features still
have to be implemented. But a start is done, so maybe someone wants to give
me a hand in this.
I am certainly happy about all forms of feedback, contributions and
assistance !

Have fun !
arkascha