[Digikam-devel] [digikam] /: On Linux, use Inotify directly for file notification changes

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Nov 8 12:44:13 GMT 2011

> Yes, this is the highest priority for me. I would like to fix all file
> handling in Windows. Right now it is extremely slow, and deleting a file
> is
> not possible. This is not only a problem for digiKam, but also for KDE on
> Windows in general (see, for example, Dolphin). I will try to implement
> these improvements as time allows.

There seems to be the FindFirstChangeNotification API:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa364417%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
with FILE_NOTIFY_CHANGE_LAST_WRITE apparently providing what we'd need.
Not sure if QSocketNotifier takes the relevant handle, it would be an elegant solution (similar to the KInotify implementation). I didn't check though if KDirWatch already implements that.

Marcel