[Digikam-devel] Re: face in metadata

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Mon Mar 28 21:00:27 BST 2011

Hi Kevin,

On 03/28/2011 03:21 PM, tsaitgaist wrote:
> The most important aspect I miss is that the face is in the database
> only, and not in the pictures information. If the pictures are copied,
> only the tag (face name) remains in the metadata. The face area is not
> there anymore. This is also the case if the picture is copied. Evenmore,
> forcing the rescan (the image is marked as scanned) will not find the
> previous results (when modified by hand).
> Also when the album/picture is moved using digikam, the face area
> information is not bound to the new image location.
> Could it be possible to store the face area with the name in the
> metadata (XMP) ?
> Should I open  wish ticket ?

It's a known issue, but nobody has done it yet. I think Gabriel decided
to put some work into it during his mentoring program. One problem is
there are of course many ways in which the data can be saved in XMP. I
don't think you have to open a new bugreport about it, as it's still
covered by the bug about face recognition here (I don't have the link
right now).

Michael