[Digikam-devel] GSOC 2011 Mac support

Matt Rathbun mjrathbu at mtu.edu
Sat Mar 26 19:25:59 GMT 2011

Hi everyone,

My name's Matt Rathbun and I am about to complete my fourth year studying
Computer Engineering. I've been following this mailing list for the past
week because I'm really interested in contributing to Digikam in Google
Summer of Code this year. In particular, I'm interested in the Mac OS X
support idea. I've been using Mac OS X since I bought an iBook way back in
2001, so I have a good idea of how Mac OS X works. For almost as long, I've
been running linux as well. Having spent plenty of time with excellent KDE
software, I'm very interested in helping port programs such as Digikam to
Mac. I'm proficient in C++ and Qt and have some experience in various
scripting languages.

I'm currently installing digikam through macports to see how the mac version
works so far (I would have had it installed earlier but the last install
tripped on dbus). I'll probably have at least some questions when that
finally finishes compiling and I get to play with it. For now though, I was
wondering if you had any more comments or suggestions on what you want done.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Matt Rathbun