[Digikam-devel] Re: Students finished their first task on ROSEDU's Community and Development Lab

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Mar 16 19:25:08 GMT 2011

> Thirdly, in short time we want to start working on implementing the face
> recognition tags inside images metadata. What expectations do you have from
> us in order to solve this task? Can you please give us a starting point?
> Also, what XML schema should we adopt when saving the tags?

Michael put together some suggestions during the sprint, he will know where
it's to be found.
If you look at tagregion.cpp, you'll find the simple XML we use for storing
this information in the database - inspired by SVG.
One possible way would be to set up a small wiki page or mail to the mailing
list with some sample XML.
The relevant place to adjust will be dmetadata and metadatahub, that should be
the core functionality. I may  forget something. Any questions are welcome.

Marcel