[Digikam-devel] mass storage camera problem

Dian Dragon didragon at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 5 22:01:21 GMT 2011

Hi,
I am a novice and hope you can help me. I am using ubuntu 10.10 netbook.
I was using Shotwell photomanager but it won't recognise and import my
video from my sony cybershot dsc-tx5 camera so i downloaded digikam.
digikam doesnt list my camera but when i add either mounted camera or
mass storage camera and try to import i get an error message that import
failed. in the side file bar PMB portable appears (so camera is detected
i presume) but mass storage device , of which two appear under shotwell-
one the internal memory and the other my 8gig card, dont appear.
Is there a remedy for this problem so that i can import my phots and
video to digikam as i really like the look of the program and need the
video as well as photos downloaded.
Spent until 2 am last night- big rings under my eyes!!! hope you can
help
Kind regards
Dian