[Digikam-devel] Release notes draft

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 23:33:59 BST 2011

Hi,

I made a draft of the release notes, which are supposed to be included in
the official KDE SC release notes[0]. It's supposed to be a short one
paragraph summary, so I came up with this (it will go through proper grammar
correction by the promo team)

DigiKam 2.0 brings face detection and recognition, image versioning support,
geotagging and much more

The road to 2.0.0 took more than a year of heavy development and now the
team proudly announces the first release of the new generation of DigiKam.
This version features long awaited face detection and recognition, image
versioning support, XMP metadata sidecar files support, big improvements in
tagging and marking of your photos, reversed geotagging and many other
improvements in total of 219 fixed bugs.

Along with DigiKam 2.0.0 is released its close companion, Kipi-plugins. This
new release features new export tools to three web services - Yandex,
MediaWiki and Rajce. GPSSync plugin now gain the ability to do
reverse-geocoding. And as usual, lots of bugfixes.

What do you think? Do you want to add or change anything? Just let me know
:) I'll be posting them this evening (July 21st).

--
Marty K.