[Digikam-devel] Re: Please add KDE-Telepathy and digiKam to 4.7 release notes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 15:10:42 BST 2011

A Dissabte, 16 de juliol de 2011, Martin Klapetek vàreu escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I'm emailing you on behalf of KDE-Telepathy team as well as DigiKam (if they
> haven't emailed you already). We (both teams) decided to release our
> software along with KDE SC 4.7 on 27th July. DigiKam is releasing their
> version 2.0 after a year of active development and KDE-Telepathy is
> releasing the historically first release (actually after three years of
> work).

KDE-Telepathy has not gone through the kdereview process and from the big
scale KDE point of view it is playground software, meaning for example that
translators basically ignore it (except teams with lots of manpower).

> As you see, both are quite big achievements for both teams, so we would
> really love if you could include us in the release notes of KDE SC 4.7. We
> hope to get new users as well as developers joining us after the media will
> pick up the release announcement (and KDE-Telepathy could _really_ use both

You might want to mail the promo team and not the release team as they are
usually the ones that write announcements and stuff.

Albert