[Digikam-devel] New digiKam and showFoto icons for 2.0 release?

Paristo paristo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:05:59 BST 2011

What you guys think, is there need to update the digiKam logo than just
fixing some problems (about scaling of 16x16 - 32x32 size)?

I have gone discussion with Pinheiro (Oxygen artists) about updating digiKam
icon and I would like to keep the lens with blue/orange reflection instead
doing single dark one.

There are few updated versions.

Very simple reflection change:  http://imgur.com/93pZh
With simple harsh reflection and darker coloring:
http://i.imgur.com/Fv916.png (with showfoto http://i.imgur.com/SK4xT.png)
With smaller and darker glass: http://i.imgur.com/zO8rI.png
Smoother with multiple reflections digiKam:
http://i.imgur.com/RDyJS.pngshowFoto:
http://i.imgur.com/G6dG6.png

The update would affect the www.digikam.org site, digiKam & showFoto icons,
splash and the animated logo on right side of toolbar and info panels with
the one size (+ wikipedia)
The webpage could need some updating as well (could be done just with image
files?) if someone knows that well enough.