[Digikam-devel] Re: [Digikam-users] Re: digiKam and Kipi-plugins 1.8.0 released...

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 08:53:33 GMT 2011

Am Freitag, 28. Januar 2011, 20:58:50 schrieb Linuxguy123:
> > I don't mind the work at all. It's actually very interesting. The
> > false starts and dead ends are just very frustrating. For an old
> > codger such as me, this hinders rather than helps the learning
> > process!
>
> If you enjoy that sort of thing, you should be running Fedora.  At least
> in Fedora you have access to -unstable and -testing, which gets you most
> of what you get when you build without the building process and with
> community support.

He might also have a look at openSUSE's buildservice. It can build packages
for different distros and makes it easy to compile even daily snapshots of
e.g. digikam2 automatically - as they are currently offered for openSUSE.

http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=digikam2&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=de&exclude_filter=home%3A&exclude_debug=true

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=digikam2&project=KDE%3AUnstable%3APlayground

Sven