[Digikam-devel] Re: suggestion for git migration date: Fr 28th

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Mon Jan 24 13:17:59 GMT 2011

> From Git it have never be done. I'm sure that we will found problems.
> I know that Nicolas will test a dedicated release script, but it's not
> yet complete/tested.

Ok. Other projects like Amarok are using git for quite some time already, they
may have something ready.

> Note : I just synchronized GoSC2010 branch with trunk (release 1.8.0).
> i will continue to sync both until git migration.
>
> I don't plan to patch again trunk for 1.9.0. Only small bug fixes must
> be applied. After git migration, i don't know how to sync both. We
> will certainly need to do it by hand. So small fixes must be applied
> to trunk and backported to git.

If we simply release 1.9 from the git repository, it will be easy to
sync...the repository will contain all branches anyway.

> There are others subject to discut about 2.0.0 as :
>
> - bugzilla with reviewboard : how to manage it easily without to lost
> information ?
> - Redmine project manager : if i'm not too wrong, it's used by KDE now
> to manage projects in background. Right ? If yes, i already use it in
> my office, and there are a lots of feature to use with digiKam, as
> Gantt chart and TODO list

We'll have to discuss this with KDE sysadmins. kde-scm-interest may be the
right place, but take care that a lot of issues have already been discussed
there, so we should check the archives first.
And a lot of strong opinions are present, discussions can get hot.

> - about website, we need to update all information about Git migration
>
> : where/how checkout code, where to find project page, etc...

Yes, definitely.