[Digikam-devel] Re: face detection process...

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Sun Jan 16 18:06:44 GMT 2011

Alex Jironkin píše v Čt 06. 01. 2011 v 09:40 +0000:
> Yes  it is quiet different. The current trunk uses many different
> cascades then choses "faces" that have an overlap. Where as 0.2 branch
> I chose the best cascade I could and tweaked parameters. I think I get
> much better result on the images I have. But that might not be
> indicative of other people collection. If you checkout 0.2 branch,
> there is also a GUI u can build and test individual images to see
> different results. Build with -DBUILD_EXAMPLES_GUI=ON flag in cmake.

The 0.2 branch of libface really does a better job at face detection
than current digiKam's svn/trunk.

libfaceGUI is usually able to detect more faces, while not adding false
positives.

P.S. For testing purposes, it would be easier (faster) if libfaceGUI
accepted a CLI parameter being a filename of the image.

Regards,
Milan
--
http://www.milan-knizek.net/