[Digikam-devel] Re: Needing ideas for Rosedu's Open Source Development Course

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:14:39 GMT 2011

2011/1/12 Gabriel Voicu <ping.gabi at gmail.com>

> Hello everybody,
>
> First of all, thank you very much for all those many ideas and sorry for
> responding so late(didn't have internet
> for some days, have an exam...).
>
> I will propose two projects:
> - GUI refactoring for one/some plugins (I will speak more with the
> organisers about this)
> - The idea proposed by Michael about keeping tracks and supporting KML.
> Also,
>   maybe I will also put the idea about displaying the gpx/kml files in a
> list.
>
> I will try to keep the projects as simple as I can, because the course is
> addressed to
> students from 1st year that don't know really well how to code. Also, I
> don't know
> how involved will they be in the projects so I prefer to give them
> something simple
> to be sure they finish it, instead of giving them something more "advanced
> for them"
> to be afraid to start.
>
> Another question will be:
> 1) How will the coding process work? We will send patches and one of you
> will review them?

Yes. makeing patches to review is the best way.

Use Bugzilla. Attach patches to bugzilla entry. Nothing will be lost in
time. Do not use private mail or mailing list directly. Bugzilla has whole
story.

> I was thinking now: it would be nice to have all these nice Junior Jobs
> listed somewhere (on Digikam page?),

In bugzilla, there is a tag named "junior-jobs" :

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=junior-jobs&resolution=---

just add it as well to bugzilla entries relevant.

> because I think that it would help more new people to gen involved in
> Digikam. I mean, when one wants to be
> involved in a project and don't know which project to chose, having an
> "Ideas list" about Digikam will help him
> choose this project and get started.

Just add digiKam here :

http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Junior_Jobs

And link this page somewhere in digiKam.org. That all..