[Digikam-devel] Re: kde:digikam-software-compilation up and working

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Feb 22 22:10:24 GMT 2011

> When I just copy the git URL from projects.kde.org and clone from that,
> download-repos fails:

Should be fixed

> I suggest to check for error conditions after calling gits populate, to
> avoid further cd errors.

Any bash scripting help is welcome ;-)

> download-repos works fine, but ends with this:
>
> Branch 2.0 set up to track remote branch development/2.0 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '2.0'
> Branch 2.0 set up to track remote branch development/2.0 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '2.0'
> Branch 2.0 set up to track remote branch development/2.0 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '2.0'
> Branch 2.0 set up to track remote branch development/2.0 from origin.
> Switched to a new branch '2.0'
>
> Looks like it once again set up a 2.0 branch as we discussed yesterday
> in private mails...

The branch is named 2.0 locally:
git checkout -b 2.0 -t origin/development/2.0
but it can have any name. The "-t" shouldnt be needed with newer git. The
important part is that the local branch 2.0 tracks origin/development/2.0 (see
git remote show origin) so that a
git push (equivalent: git push origin)
pushes to the tracking branch.
Note:
git push origin 2.0 (equivalent: git push origin 2.0:2.0)
will create, as I assume, a new remote branch 2.0.