[Digikam-devel] how to use git as subversion

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 18:01:58 GMT 2011

hi all,

I'm really lost with git. It's complex to understand.

I don't want to manage branch in local and all complex situations. By
experience, it's dangerous...

Typically, i would to continue to work with git as subversion.

repository is cloned. No problem.

now, i change a change, and i want to "commit" my changes in KDE
repository as like "svn ci". I perform "git commit"... git ask
comment. fine. In comment i set CCBUGS in comment but nothing append
in bugzilla. So i'm not sure that changes are commited.

To be sure, i delete my changed files (moves in another place in fact)
and i want to perform "svn up" as well. I try "git pull", but git said
that there is nothing to do. All is already updated...

ARGGGGG... file are deleted !

"git diff" said that files have been removed... but i'm not able to restore it.

I'm lost. I thinking that git is not perfect for me, or i'm not
adapted to git (:=)))...