[Digikam-devel] Migrated to git!

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Feb 5 21:56:30 GMT 2011

Hi all,

as of tonight, digikam, kipi-plugins, libkface and libkmap have been migrated
to digikam.

For convenience, I have setup a small super-repository which uses the "gits"
script to manage the four repositories (it will be seven with the kdegraphics
libs). With this, it will be a three-step process to setup the new devel
environment.

1) Edit your ~/.gitconfig as given in
http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitFAQ#Let_Git_rewrite_URL_prefixes
2) git clone kde://scratch/mwiesweg/digikam-sc
Enter the directory
3) Execute ./download-repos

Note: We will soon merge the development/2.0 branches to master, at which time
you'll manually switch branches again.

The super-repo is atm a personal scratch repo, I plan to give it a better
place to live later.

Have fun
Marcel