[Digikam-devel] Re: Announcement: git migration 4th/5th February

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Wed Feb 2 19:00:52 GMT 2011

> Some questions :
>
> - code from subversion will be deleted, especially code from GoSC2010
> branch ?

Yes, the code is supposed to be deleted from SVN and replaced with a text file
hinting at the new place.

> - why not to migrate too current trunk in a git branch to be able
> to maintain and sync 1.x and 2.x together ? Perhaps it's too complex to
> do, as 1.9.0 is planed around end of february. It will be the last 1.x
> release. It still 2 important bugs to fix here... that all... It will be
> certainly more simple to let's 1.9 on svn and release it with
> current i18n from svn. all svript used by Nicolas are there and work
> perfectly.

The full history will be in the repository, all branches included. It will be
easy to keep an 1.x branch in the git repository. I dont know if there's a
sysadmin problem if we keep trunk code in SVN.

> - currently, i18n is connected to svn trunk. What will become with git and
> 2.x ?

I would assume that the i18n teams will translate the master branch.  At the
moment, this is SVN trunk, but we can merge the 2.x branch whenever we decide
so.

Marcel