[Digikam-devel] Unit Tests

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 29 12:37:21 GMT 2011

I ran the unittest suite and 7 tests failed.
I took a look at some of them and came across the test
"test_kmlexport_gpxparsing", which I don't understand.
The test "testQDateTimeParsing" doesn't make sense to me, we test Qt
functions (why?) and always fail when comparing a time with
QCOMPARE(time1.time(), QTime(0, 0, 0));
which is always false.

The comment for the test says something about the Nokia N900, where this
test seems to be true, but on a PC it fails.
We shouldn't add a test that will always fail on a PC, platform specific
tests should only be build on that particular platform.

Do I misunderstand this test?

Andi