[Digikam-devel] Remove DPopupMenu?

Andi Clemens andi.clemens at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 13 11:47:06 BST 2011

Hi,

DPopupMenu is currently broken, the sidebar image is not drawn and I was
thinking about removing the class completely.
Why do we need to draw the digikam logo in there, when we plaster it on
every windows and dialog anyway?
Also if we draw the sidebar image in the imagepreview and imageview
context menu, we should do so for the albumselectview as well, to be
consistent.

I really don't see a purpose of the sidebar image, it renders a little bit
slower than a normal KMenu, and, at least for me, it is distracting.
The user already knows that he is using digiKam, at least he started the
app so I guess he knows what he is doing :-)

So what do you think, shouldn't we just remove the DPopupMenu class?

Andi