[Digikam-devel] SQLite error in Digikam 1.9.0

O'Brien, Benjamin obrienb8 at ais.msu.edu
Sat Aug 6 04:04:34 BST 2011

I'm running Fedora 15, and digikam was working great until about an hour ago, the application crashed unexpectedly and I will paste what I wrote in the freenode irc room:
[22:40] == NeosVortex [45a7a062 at gateway/web/freenode/ip.69.167.160.98] has joined #digikam
[22:40] <NeosVortex> Hey guys
[22:40] <NeosVortex> I spent the better part of the last two days tagging some of my 40k images and my sqlite database was corrupted
[22:41] <NeosVortex> I'm trying to figure out how to recover the tags so I don't have to re-do all of it. I still have the digikam4.db file and I've been poking around in sqlite, only selects so far
[22:41] <NeosVortex> It looks like the DB only holds the image identifier and the tag identifier, so if I re-scan all of my pictures there's a chance that ID will change screwing up all of the tags
[22:42] <NeosVortex> When I start it up I get this error:
[22:43] <NeosVortex> "This schema updating process from version 4 to 5 failed, caused by an error that we did not expect. You can try to discard your old database and start with an empty one. (In this case, please move the database files "digikam3.db" and "digikam4.db" from the directory. More probably you will want to report this error to the digikam-devel at kde.org mailing list. As well, please have a look at what digiKam prints on the console.
[22:43] <NeosVortex> and this is the only console error
[22:43] <NeosVortex> KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work  QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'ConnectionTest' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I would hate to lose all of the tags.