[Digikam-devel] Re: GSOC 2011:Photo Frame Layouts

Lucas Spas lukasz.spas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 23:54:19 BST 2011

I am looking through the code and the documentation of digiKam to find
the best way to implement 'save/load' function in photo layout tool
which allow user to save composition for edit in future.
Lets think about possible situation when user creates composition,
saves it into disk and closes layout tool. Next he/she moves images
(which references was included in composition) in albums (so files are
moving in physical directories) and then he opens previous saved
composition. Is it possible to retrieve references to the images from,
for example, digiKam database? I know that I could save composition
with images in one file but I wonder if there is any way to create
lighter files.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Lucas Spas