[Digikam-devel] What are the Metadata/XMP Viewer settings for?

Michael G. Hansen mike at mghansen.de
Tue Sep 14 20:04:22 BST 2010

On 09/14/2010 08:59 AM, Simon A. Eugster wrote:
> In Preferences>  Metadata I can check boxes. At the moment none of them are
> checked. What are they good for? There is no Shift-F1 text or other help
> text at all.

When you use the EXIF/XMP properties tab on the right side of digikam,
you can either show all metadata or just a list of items that you find
interesting (there are two buttons at the top in this tab). With the
Preferences->Metadata settings, you select the entries which should be
shown in the summary mode. IIRC by default some are shown there, but
this is not initially synched with the settings somehow.

> And is it correct that digikam writes tags to EXIF, IPTC, and XMP sections
> (to all of them, not only one)? This is what I observe (tags appear in
> EXIF, IPTC, and XMP) but don't read in the config dialog either.

I think this can be set by the option "Save image tags as keywords in
files" in the configuration dialog, and this affects store to all
sections at once.

Michael