[Digikam-devel] First steps with the new features: face recognition and versioning

Aditya Bhatt adityabhatt1991 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 17:35:52 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 9:42 PM, Berthier Lemieux <
Berthier_Lemieux at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I played a bit with the GSoC code and it's pretty obvious that the basic
> stuff for people tagging is not yet in place. Sven, I believe best is to
> wait, reporting defects at this phase probably does not help much.
>
> Here is what I tried:
>
> I replaced the lineEdit on the album TN overlay, with a push button:
> http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/6100/screenshot2ya.png
> (Button should say "Name me", not "Add Album" as on the screenshot)
>
> Pushing the button gets you to this dialog:
> http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8123/snapshot1e.png
>
> I think that type of interaction could work pretty well?

It does the job of tagging, but it's pretty much decided that we shall use a
line edit for that. I already have some working code for this but it is
unstable (read: out-of-control automatic tagging when we don't want it).
I'll fix a few things and commit it in a few hours.

My code is a real piece of shit currently, I'm still hacking my way in
> DK. Most of the functionality is missing, but the basic tagging flow in
> the people album should be functional enough to show where I'm going.
> I've attached the code, in case someone would like to try.

Also, you can tag faces by going to the image and typing out the name in the
face rectangle and pressing the tick button, but I'm aware that there are
problems with this as outlined by Sven. Marcel is doing a few changes here,
so let's see how it goes.

Aditya

PS: I'm pretty much bogged down in schoolwork these days, but I'm trying my
best to get things done soon ;-) If it weren't for Marcel the progress would
have been even less.