[Digikam-devel] First steps with the new features: face recognition and versioning

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Sep 9 09:16:27 BST 2010

Am Mittwoch, 8. September 2010, 23:22:08 schrieb Martin Klapetek:
> There is an option for exactly this in the options menu. You can either
> have all of the version visible, or have only the latest version visible.
> But this is not fully implemented yet. It is ready though, we just need a
> few database queries for that and few lines of code here and there and it
> will be working. Default behaviour will most probably be keeping only one
> version visible (or more as you can create a whole tree with several
> branches).

I guess being able to only use one version fits most use cases, yet for those
using a light table (which I don't) both use cases might be true. I could ask
on the -users list for people doing so and what they would prefer.

> > - saving a new version will add that thumbnail to the bottom of the
> > preview pane instead of where it belongs according to the sorting.
>
> Now I'm just not sure what you mean by that...

In the image editor one can enable a preview pane via the view menu. The
pictures in that pane are sorted by filename I think. The pane can be arranged
vertically and horizontally, I use the vertical position. So if you have
somthing like:

picture a
picture b
picture c

and create a new version of picture a it should be shown after picture a,
i.e.:

picture a
picture av1
picture b
picture c

instead it is put at the bottom of the list.

picture a
picture b
picture c
picture av1

If you close the image editor and re-open it again, the sorting is correct.

Sven