[Digikam-devel] Tags view still empty

Simon A. Eugster granjow at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 18:34:04 BST 2010

On 01.09.2010 19:20, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

>> My Tags view is empty. No matter which tag I select, it does not show any
>> image. If I search for the tag manually though, then it is shown.
>>
>> Is there a way to debug this?
>>
>> Current version from SVN.
>
> Probably, your tags ioslave isnt working properly. Maybe an old version still
> installed. ~/.xession-errors can give you more info.

There's indeed an error message when I click a tag in digikam:

$ tail .xsession-errors
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
kio_digikamtags(5131)/digikam (core): Couldn't open file:  ""
kio_digikamtags(5131)/digikam (core): No DB action defined for
"listTagRecursive" ! Implementation missing for this database type.
kio_digikamtags(5131)/digikam (core): Attempt to execute null action
kio_digikamtags(5131)/digikam (core): No DB action defined for
"listTagRecursive" ! Implementation missing for this database type.
kio_digikamtags(5131)/digikam (core): Attempt to execute null action

How can I check for an old installation?

Simon