[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 03:13:11 GMT 2010

Sven:
>In the tags tab, so you see the people > unknown tag?
 No.
The  title: People Tags
the button: Scan collection... etc.
The colum heading: My Tags
Then the single entry "My Tags"

Marcel:
ls -a /usr/share/opencv
OpenCVConfig.cmake

So I got opencv from svn, and built this first.

 I have been trying to keep the different versions of digikam separate, i.e
putting this one in /opt/svn-branch.... but this failed miserably with
libface and all that... so purging the ubuntu versions of libcv, kipi,
digikam et.al  and build and running was ok.

 This time face detection (with opencv from svn) doesnt show the "Could not
load classifier cascade" error, But, face detection does nothing it seems.
It runs, progress bar et, but no result ecept a popup anouncing digikam has
updaed the face databse...
  there are a few things that may be of interest:
Cascade directory located as : /usr/share/opencv/haarcascades
Error: Directory Unknown with def3 entries considered invalid; not read.
Scaling with darkness 0, saturation 3968, and
multipliers 2.229557 1.000000 1.356650 1.000000
Converting to sRGB colorspace...
Error: Directory Unknown with def3 entries considered invalid; not read.

and billions of these which I always get...
 Warning: Directory Thumbnail, entry 0x0201: Data area exceeds data buffer,
ignoring it.

What is it meant to do?