[Digikam-devel] Re: Status of face detection

Jasper jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:51:16 BST 2010

Thanks as always Giles.
 It was my bad, I thought building from libs would do libkexiv2 and
libkdcraw as well.

Builds fine
 Crashes on startup.
Fine after digikam_dbcleanup

Well its scanned alot of images now, and.. well, nothing that I can see. I
think I miss the point of what is happening here.
 Aha: ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade.
It doesnt crash, the dialogues all work nicely and whatever it is doing it
does quickly. 100imgs ~50sec
 Except the my tags bit, which I assume was meant to be the tag tree, is
empty. Right clicking does all the tag things expected (make new etc) and
works...

But no faces detected thus far.